Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Who are we?
Co.Labs is a provincial non-profit organization whose purpose is to assist early-stage technology startups through their commercialization journey to market dominance. We sit at the centre of Saskatchewan's growing technology ecosystem and are responsible for fostering its growth and development. In just under three years, Co.Labs has collectively supported over 120 early-stage tech startups, assisting them in hiring over 300 employees, generating over $18M in annual revenues, and raising over $10M in private investment.
Who are you?
You’re excited by the potential of doing something different every day, working in a dynamic environment alongside some of Canada's highest performing individuals. You strive to be better and get excited by the idea of taking on new challenges. You love marketing and have demonstrated experience in creating amazing campaigns. You’re passionate about technology and startups and love the idea of making an impact in the Sask tech scene.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for someone who has a passion for technology and startups. In this role you will gain valuable exposure to some of the nation’s highest performing individuals. With this comes high expectations and high autonomy. If this sounds exciting to you, then read on to learn more:
- Be a killer writer - seriously, the majority of what you do will be writing related.
- Know the basics of how the PR industry works and be ready to pitch and create press releases.
- Create company blogs by doing industry research, conducting interviews with tech leaders, and attending events.
- Be able to proofread as well as my mother if not better (seriously I wouldn't have gotten through university without that woman).
- Social media management – excel curating and posting content across all the major social platforms.
- Be able to work out of our office in Saskatoon, SK.
- Minimum of 1 year of marketing and professional writing experience.
- A class 5 driver’s license
- Be coachable, hungry and willing to learn.
- Confident, but humble. Seriously, without this it won’t work out.
- Comfortable regularly making decisions with 20% of the information.
- Comfortable working irregular hours.
- Understands & enjoys that in startups you do things that aren’t in the job description
- Knowing when it is time to put your headphones on and grind
Nice to haves
- Experience using various Hubspot features including, social, email marketing, landing pages, forms, workflows etc.
- Experience with managing and promoting events
- Entrepreneurial in nature, you love taking control of large complex problems.
- Creative thinking/design - whether it be graphic design, photography, videography, 3D animation, etc. (if you can design we want to know about it).
- Expierence with Webflow.
- A portfolio of your work - could be a personal website, blog, a PDF, or a Tik Tok account, we would love to see it!
Why work here?
- Clear path for career advancement and exposure in the province's tech scene.
- Connect with a network of tech startups, founders, investors, and government leaders from across North America.
- Directly see the results of your work.
- “Anything But Onesies” dress policy.
- Competitive health and dental benefits.
- A standing desk, Macbook, and unlimited coffee. ☺
- Most importantly, you will get to work with entrepreneurs and hustling startups every day!