Who are we?
Co.Labs is a provincial non-profit organization whose purpose is to assist early-stage technology startups through their commercialization journey to market dominance. We sit at the centre of Saskatchewan's growing technology ecosystem and are responsible for fostering its growth and development. In just under three years, Co.Labs has collectively supported over 120 early-stage tech startups, assisting them in hiring over 300 employees, generating over $18M in annual revenues, and raising over $10M in private investment.
What are we looking for?
An agile, creative, and motivated individual to join our world-class team and assist in our day-to-day operations, supporting our efforts to create meaningful content and events for companies in our program. If you’re looking to get involved and get your foot in the door to the tech industry, this is a great opportunity! In this role you will gain valuable exposure to some of the nation’s highest performing individuals. If this sounds exciting to you, read on to learn more:
Who Are You?
- You’re excited by the potential of doing something different every day, working in a dynamic environment alongside some of Canada's highest performing individuals
- You strive to be better and get excited by the idea of taking on new challenges
- You have a strong work ethic and know that having fun is reserved for those who get the job done
- You’re organized, punctual, and focused
- You keep a positive attitude because you know that negativity never got anyone further in life
- You’re passionate about technology and curious to know how things work
- You believe in the power of the collective over the individual
- You understand that you’re one opportunity away from changing the course of your life forever
What You’ll Do:
- Supporting the ideation, planning, and execution of events
- Scheduling programming and maintaining the office calendar
- Conducting research and gathering information on potential mentors, speakers, partners, startups, and contacts that can bring value to the companies in our program
- Supporting the team through detailed note-taking in meetings, proofreading, and general office admin
- Maintaining day-to-day operations of the office space including facilitating requests from staff and participants in the program
What You Bring
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary education or diploma program
- 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Driven to take initiative and be proactive
- Proficiency with Google Suite, Microsoft Office and Apple products
- Experience with or aptitude to learn multiple software platforms including Microsoft Office, GooSuite, Slack, Notion, Hubspot, and Canva
- Be able to work out of our office in Saskatoon, SK
- Be coachable, hungry and willing to learn
- Confident, but humble
- Comfortable regularly making decisions with 20% of the information
- Comfortable working irregular hours
- Understands & enjoys that in startups you do things that aren’t in the job description
- Knowing when it is time to put your headphones on and grind
Nice to Haves
- A valid driver’s licence or reliable method of commute
- Experience using Slack, Microsoft Office, Notion and Canva and Apple products
- Experience using various Hubspot features including, landing pages, forms, workflows
- Entrepreneurial in nature, you love taking control of large complex problems.
- Creative thinking/design - whether it be graphic design, photography, videography, 3D animation, etc
What can we offer you?
- Culture of creativity, trust, and hustle
- Opportunity to connect with a network of tech startups, founders, investors, and government leaders from around North America
- An important role in building the Saskatchewan Technology Community
- Directly see the results of your work
- “Anything But Onesies” dress policy
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- A standing desk, Macbook, and unlimited coffee ☺
- Most importantly, the opportunity to work with and hustling startups every day!
If you are interested in the role, please apply even if your experience and skills don’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, origin, or disability.